New traits being added, removed and rebalanced in this massive Mid-Set update.
Fans of Teamfight Tactics were pleased to hear that the Galaxies set will be revitalised with a mid-set update. Here we will give a quick rundown of the 10.12 patch.
Units and Traits Removed
Riot has decided to remove two very strong traits, Void and Valkyrie from the set. As well as a few other stragglers which they deem as problematic.
- Miss Fortune
Units Added to Existing Traits
Exciting new units added to the current traits will let players have more creativity and freedom with carry units.
- 3-Cost Unit
- Traits: Cybernetics and Sniper
- Ability: Vayne focuses for 10 seconds, tumbling away from her target immediately, and every third attack thereafter. Vayne is invisible while tumbling and her first attack after each tumble deals 180/200/240% of her Attack Damage.
- 2-Cost Unit
- Traits: Rebel and Infiltrator
- Ability: Contempt for the Weak (Passive): Every third attack, Zed deals 20/40/80 bonus magic damage and steals 25/40/80% of the target’s current Attack Damage.
- 4-Cost Unit
- Traits: Chrono and Blademaster
- Ability: Energy Slash: Riven dashes and shields herself for 300/450/900, then slashes forward dealing 100/150/450 magic damage. Every third cast, Riven leaps into the air and launches a wave of energy that deals 400/600/1800 magic damage.
New Traits Added
With the Mid-Set update comes 3 new traits and 11 new units to the game.
- Battlecast (2/4/6)
- Trait: Battlecast champions, upon dealing or taking 10 instances of damage, trigger a bonus effect based on their current health. If they’re above half health, they deal 75/150/225 magic damage to the nearest enemy. If they’re below half health, they heal for 75/150/225 instead.
- Illaoi: 1-Cost Brawler
- Nocturne: 2-Cost Infiltrator
- Kog’Maw: 2-Cost Blaster
- Cassiopeia: 3-Cost Mystic
- Viktor: 4-Cost Sorcerer
- Urgot: 5-Cost Protector
- Astro (3)
- Trait: Reduce your Astro champs’ mana costs by 30.
- Nautilus: 2-Cost Vanguard
- Bard: 3-Cost Mystic
- Gnar: 4-Cost Brawler
- Teemo: 4-Cost Sniper
- Paragon (1)
- Trait: Your team’s basic attacks are converted to magic damage.
- Janna: 5-Cost Star Guardian
Some important changes to existing mechanics, traits, items and galaxies:
- Chrono: Buffed 4 and 6, and also added an 8-piece bonus.
- Dark Star: Now has breakpoints at 2/4/6/8 instead of 3/6/9 and now buffs Dark Star champions off ANY ally’s death, not just other Dark Stars.
- Mech Pilot: The mech and pilots are all getting a buff but now when the mech dies, the pilots come out damaged.
- Sniper: Now has breakpoints at 2/4.
- Vanguard: Now has breakpoints at 2/4/6.
- Ezreal: Now much more utility-focused and able to cast much sooner, but deals less damage.
- Syndra: If she kills her target, extra orbs move on to the next target.
- Jhin: Attack speed now scales with star level.
- Aurelion Sol: Fighter ships now drain enemies’ mana.
- Ekko: Casts sooner, and attacks a number of times instead of every enemy once (so, if the enemy team has only a few champions left, he’ll hit them multiple times). He also slows the attacks of enemies he hits.
- Infinity Edge: Now sets the holder’s critical strike chance to 100% (also does less bonus damage).
- Rapidfire Cannon: Now, in addition to the extra range, your attacks can’t miss.
- Seraph’s Embrace
- Replaced by Blue Buff
- After each spellcast, the holder’s mana is set to 20.
- Replaced by Blue Buff
- Demolitionist’s Charge: Replaced with Battlecast Armor. Grants the wearer the Battlecast trait.
- 3-Cost champ pool expanded from 16 copies to 18 copies of each.
- Champions now sell back for their full value (Example: 2-star copies of 3-cost champs will sell for 9 gold instead of 5).
- Neeko’s Help always works now. If there’s nothing left in the pool, Neeko will create a temporary extra champion.
The specific details will be revealed soon!
Follow our social media for the latest guides and news!
SEAGamers Social Media: